Development includes site planning to look and feel design, branding, functionality and navigation. There are 3 main objectives for site development which include: making a site more seo-friendly, user-friendly and conversion-friendly, all based on goals set in site planning.
Everything stems from these 3 objectives. If one area is left out, you can bet the customer will not be happy at some point sooner rather than later.
Website development involves the following steps:
- Planning & Research
- - Goal determination & assessing current website through:
- - SEO Site Analysis (this is usually all you need),
- - User Impact Assessment …and if needed,
- - SEO full Audit (a complete seo forensic site examination and reporting, which is rarely done)
- Market & Competitive Research
- Keyword Research
- Site wireframe design
- Website Design & Layout (within company’s marketing and branding parameters)
- SEO-friendly Site build from wireframe, navigation and content needs
- Content development including text, images, multi-media, dynamic elements, etc.
- Content writing and keyword silo build including all links within the site.
- - Content writing includes site copy, blog posts, articles, PR, social site writing, ad copy, etc.
- - Keyword implementation could be either the site owner and/or the SEO specialist inserting keyphrases in a strategic seo-friendly manner.
- Beta testing and final site launch
Phase 2: Internet Marketing (SEM)
Internet Marketing involves two steps in every discipline:
- Ongoing monthly:
- - site optimization & re-optimization
- - strategic campaign management (including site monitoring)
- - industry, keywords/tools and search engine trend watching/assessing/ongoing education
- - measuring and testing
- - content addition and adjustment
- - technical tweeks/adjustments/repairs
Phase 3: Measurement & Tracking
Measurement and tracking involves a setup and ongoing monthly campaign including:
- Site setup and monitoring through Analytics (Google Analytics is the main tool used here)
- Lead management
- Performance Reporting
- Site adjustment based on visitor behavior, site performance and then adjustments made
- through data-driven decision making based on approved recommendations by client
- Start the next phase: collect data and comparing that data to the previous phase results
Ongoing monthly maintenance must be part of the ongoing equation. A web maintenance process must be in place to fix technical/functional problems, adjust site content through strategic development and adding content to update the site’s audience and to comply with search engines’ unwritten rule of developing ongoing fresh content.
|Site Build Elements||Administrator Login:|
|Number of Pages||Update Manager|
|Custom Creative||User Login|
|Copywriting Service (SEO)||Content Management System|
|Content Writing||Photo Gallery|
|HOME PAGE ELEMENTS||Product Gallery|
|Small Mini Contact Form||E-Commerce Shopping System|
|Large Contact form||E-Commerce Integration|
|Newsletter Form||Product Upload|
|Blog Integration||FAQ Manager|
|Blog Creative||News Section|
|Media Elements – Static Uploads||Blog – Basic|
|Media Centre Creation||Blog – Corporate|
|Media Centre Integration||Site Search|
|DYNAMIC FUNCTIONS||Content Management System|
|Newsletter Signup Form||Dynamic FAQ Program|
|RSS Display Program||Scrolling News Ticker|
|Dynamic Staff Program||Mini Contact Form|
|Main Flash Header||Large Contact Form|
|Additional Flash Headers||Custom Form|